We currently have 2 job openings at The Evidence Room:
Escape Room Host.
Hours: Weekday evening shift 5pm-10:30pm, Weekend early shift 9:30am-4:30pm, Weekend evening shift 4pm-10:30pm. We expect to be able to offer at least 3-4 shifts per week, hopefully more, and increasing during peak seasons (e.g. Christmas).
Positions available: 2.
Interviews to take place: 21-28 February.
Start Date: ASAP.
Are you an engaging storyteller? An interested people watcher? Do you have specialist skills that could be helpful to an escape room? (See Appendix)
We are looking for a motivated and customer focused team member, to supervise group experiences at The Evidence Room.
You would be responsible for:
• Welcoming customers,
• giving a clear safety brief,
• immersing participants in the storyline with an engaging and instructive narrative brief,
• watching the group on the CCTV - providing clues when requested/required,
• debriefing and taking the team photo,
• resetting the room (following a checklist),
• optional additional responsibilities for career development (see Appendix below).
• Good customer manner
• Ability to memorise and repeat the key elements of the briefing.
No experience required (but if you have worked in an escape room before then great!)
How to apply?
If all this sounds good to you, you can apply by sending your C.V. along with a short video to email@example.com. No cover letter required.
The video should be <1 minute, and be of yourself giving a briefing to a team about to go into a medieval themed escape room – don’t worry about any details or specifics, feel free to make things up for your video – this is really about getting the group in the zone!
If you have an Additional Skill (see Appendix below) that you would like to be considered, you might include some description or examples of it in your application email if appropriate.
This is where candidates will distinguish themselves: If you have ANY other skill/hobby/talent, and you think you can make a case for how it would benefit The Evidence Room, please make your case, and if relevant, please bring a portfolio or be prepared to show/demonstrate examples at interview.
We would love to offer the opportunity for you to take on additional responsibilities (all in paid company time), to develop your role in whatever direction you would like to take it.
Some potential examples might be:
• Social Media, are you a potential influencer? Could you improve our social marketing reach?
• Wood/metalworking or similar, if you are handy in the workshop, and enjoy making things, you could find a niche making props for The Evidence Room.
• Acting, if you have thespian tendencies, we could look at adapting the briefing to make use of your skills, and to make it even more immersive for the participants.
• Programming, we are always looking to make mindblowing puzzles and props, and often these can involve an element of computer programming, so we would love to add someone to the team who could contribute on this.
• Experience working with people with disabilities, we are looking to improve our offerings on this front and someone with experience could be very useful to the team.
THESE ARE JUST A FEW EXAMPLES, JUST TO DEMONSTRATE THE VARIETY OF SKILLS THAT COULD BE USEFUL TO US. WHATEVER YOUR ADDITIONAL SKILL MIGHT BE, IT WOULD BE UP TO YOU TO MAKE THE CASE TO US OF HOW IT WOULD BENEFIT THE EVIDENCE ROOM.